MJ Biz Con 2018 in Las Vegas Expected to Hit 25K Cannabis Industry Professionals
According to The Marijuana Business Factbook 2018, the cannabis sector currently employs an estimated 125,000-160,000 full-time workers, with projected growth of approximately 21% per year. [UPDATED FACTBOOK & DATA DEBUTS AT MJBIZCON!].
November 14-16, 2018, MJBizDaily’s Marijuana Business Conference & Expo(MJBizCon) will host 25,000 of these cannabis professionals at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The largest, oldest and most trusted B2B cannabis trade show, MJBizCon is the place where business ideas become business deals.
With more than 1,000 exhibitors and 137% growth in net square feet of exhibition space, 150+ top-notch speakers and more than 65 education sessions in total, MJBizCon provides the maximum opportunities for serious business discussions, informative seminars, and high-impact networking events.
MJBizCon is for the entry-level, mid-career, and sophisticated professionals alike, looking to drive business agreements and forge valuable connections
Highlights from this year’s MJBizCon also include:
- NEW!Institutional Investor Conference–This day-long sophisticated conference connects high net-worth and accredited investors tied to family offices, banks, hedge funds and institutional firms with the forecast and data crucial to making informed decision in a dynamic global industry. Tuesday, Nov 13, 9 AM-6 PM
- The Business of Hemp Forum--As the hemp and CBD markets continue to grow and legislation changes, this pre-conference day-long event has been completed revised and updated. Ideal for traditional farmers and others in agribusiness as well as investors and marijuana executives looking to explore opportunities in hemp. Tuesday, Nov 13, 10 AM-5 PM
- NEW!Official MJBizCon Kick-Off Party, Omnia Nightclub--Badged MJBizCon attendees, join us for a private event with complimentary drink tickets, Tuesday, Nov 13 9:30 pm
- Minorities in Cannabis Luncheon—Meet the movers and shakers who driving and championing the discussions that bring diversity and inclusion to the forefront of industry growth. Networking lunch Wednesday, Nov 14 at 12-2 PM (Advance registration is required)
- Women’s Networking Reception—Network with top women business leaders in the industry and celebrate significant advancements and accomplishments femal professionals are making today and tomorrow. Thursday, Nov 16, 5-7 PM
- Cannabis 3.0: Reinventing the Industry. Keynote Speaker Torsten Kuenzlen, CEO, Sundial Growers--Torsten brings extensive Fortune 500 experience to the emerging cannabis industry. He spent 25 years in executive leadership positions on three continents, playing key roles at companies such as Coca-Cola and MolsonCoors. At Sundial—one of Canada’s largest cannabis companies—he is building a word class team and executing a plan to create a global business and brands. Wednesday, Nov 14, 9:30-10:15 AM
Since 2012, Marijuana Business Daily’s annual B2B conference has been the biggest networking opportunity of the year. Attendees include a dynamic mixture of industry veterans, top newer firms, and emerging launches. All seven key industry sectors will be fully represented: dispensaries and rec retailers, wholesale growers, professional and financial services, infused product makers, private equity investors, ancillary products and tech, and testing labs.
Cassandra Farrington is the Co-Founder and CEO of Marijuana Business Daily. Cassandra was previously a VP at Citigroup. Her entrepreneurial spirit helped her transition to this new field where she oversees business strategy and a team of journalists, technology pros, customer service specialists and financial experts to publish the range of B2B premium and free content sites.
Chris Walsh, Founding Editor and VP oversees the industry trade publications Marijuana Business Daily and Marijuana Business Magazine. He also programs and keynotes the Marijuana Business Conference & Expo and leads the research team behind the company’s reports, including the Marijuana Business Factbook. Chris has more than a decade of professional experience as a business reporter and is the first journalist in the U.S. to cover the marijuana industry full-time.